Patchwork Sashiko Method
Class Code: PH011
Registered for my Patchwork Sashiko Method workshop at Quiltcon 2024? This is the place for you! Here I will be adding more information about the class as we get closer to the big event.
What do I buy? What do I bring?
You must buy:
- Kit purchased by clicking on the button below. Kit includes: Patchwork Sashiko Kit 5”x7” which includes patchwork pieces, muslin, interfacing, thread and needles.
***IMPORTANT: ALL QUILTCON KITS + SUPPLIES PURCHASED WILL BE BROUGHT TO QUILTCON AND NOT SHIPPED AHEAD OF TIME***
Required Supplies not included in Kit:
- (3) silicone needle pullers to fit on your thumb, pointer finger and middle finger: visit the additional website address to see a photo. These are not rubber thimbles. Available in Diana’s Etsy shop here.
- Sewing thread in blue or green: this will be used to hand baste our patchwork and a contrasting thread will be easier to see.
- Scissors or snips: Remember that TSA allows scissors with a blade length of 4” or less in your carry-on! - shared scissors will also be provided.
- Seam Ripper
- Lots of straight pins with a ball end: Pins with a flat head tend to catch the thread more than ball heads as we’re hand basting.
- Fabric marking pen or pencil: Please visit the additional website address to see an example of the color palette the workshop will be using in class. You will want to bring a marking pen or pencil color that you can see well.
- Clear ruler approximately 9-12” in length and no more than 2” wide: A large ruler is not needed for this class.
- Clover Embroidery Needle Threader: If you think you may have difficulty threading the needle, this item will help you. It is different from a regular needle threader due to the orientation of the threading head. Available in my Etsy shop here.
- Needle for hand basting: You can use the needles Diana provides for handstitching for this purpose, but if you have a specific preference Diana suggests you bring it with you. The needles you will be given are crewel needles.